Monday, April 22, 2013

A Wild and Crazy Week

Hi!  I'm back!  If you're wondering why you haven't heard from me, well, first it was Spring Break week, and I was away for my friend's wedding Saturday and Sunday...which means I had nothing for Monday. 

And the rest of this week?  Well, for those of you who don't know, I live right outside of Boston.  If you have followed the news at all this week, you know why I didn't update. 

With so many horrible, terrifying events happening within 20 miles of me, I nevertheless found myself looking for the good things--the helpers, the friends, the community.  People came together all over the place--from opening their homes to stranded runners, to celebrating the capture of the loose suspect and thanking all of our law enforcement and leadership. 

We all came together to help each other and comfort each other and work together, even if that just meant staying of the road, to catch these guys.

And yet, in the moments of fear, we still managed to launch Corgito Ergo Sum, a new webcomic by myself and my friends Justin and Lucy.

Even amidst tragedy, life doesn't stop.  Early in the week I was talking with a friend of mine, who was TERRIFIED.  "How do you stay so calm?!" she asked.  I thought about it.  Then, I said something to the effect of: "Well, the world doesn't stop.  You have to put on your "f**k you" hat, band together, and keep going.  It's the biggest way to tell these people that you aren't scared of them and tell them to pi** off."  And it's true!  

Alright, so, we're back.  So good to see you all again!  The healing process has started.  How do we ensure that the community sticks?  That the hole in the factory system, that allowed this community to come out doesn't get patched up?

No comments:

Post a Comment