Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Success!

I have returned from Baltimore!  All of the craziness and rehearsals before the trip and the rehearsals and craziness once we got to Balticon PAID OFF.  The whole weekend was fantastic, and the performance was, dare I say, epic.  The entire team of Sassafrass came together in the most incredible way!  This includes our friends and Sassafamily, ran around and got us food, played Pack-Mule, did our makeup, and kept us relatively sane for 4 crazy days at Balticon, and WELL before, as we prepped for everything.

Sundown the Musical was EXTREMELY well received, and I wish I could provide a review for you.  However, having been in the musical, I am probably not the best person to ask for a review!  Gary, our Incredible Convention Liaison, had promised us that, if we had time for an encore, he would hold up a piece of paper saying so at the end of the Musical.  I will never forget the image of the audience giving us a standing ovation, with Gary at the front, applauding wildly, while holding in his mouth a piece of paper with the NASA symbol on it.

I can say that I had people I didn't even know, as well as people that I did, coming up to me and saying how amazing Sundown was and that they wanted to see it again.  We got invitations to perform it at other conventions, and the panel we gave about the creation of the musical was PACKED.  Standing room only.  Success.

The feeling of success after such a long, often difficult and stressful preparation is one of the best feelings ever.  Success is not always, or, in this world, often a feeling we get to feel.  When we get that feeling, we need to cherish it and remember how we got there--with hard work, persistence, sometimes tears, but never, ever, giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment